Frequently Asked Questions
We offer crime scene and blood cleanup services in Central Florida
You will often be left to deal with the aftermath of a trauma scene on your own.
The Police, Fire Department, EMTs or the Medical Examiners Office DO NOT clean up a crime or trauma scene when they have finished. They have neither the time nor the expertise and most are even forbidden to even refer you to a specialist in Trauma Scene Clean-up.
There are few truly qualified companies that can assist you in handling these complex situations.
There are serious, often life-threatening risks, such as HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis involved if you attempt a cleanup on your own.
There are strict governmental restrictions involving the cleanup and disposal of biohazardous waste from a crime or trauma scene. OSHA forbids the clean-up of these disasters by untrained personnel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why call Biohazard Response, Inc.?
A: We are a professional, full-time Bio-Remediation company
- Our Bio-technicians have been serving Florida since 1988
- We specialize in the clean-up of accidents, blood, crime, death and trauma scenes
- Certified and instruct in Bloodborne Pathogens and Trauma Scene Management
- Licensed by the Florida Department of Health as a Bio-medical waste transporter
- We follow strict guidelines imposed by OSHA and the Florida Department of Health in the cleanup, removal and disposal of biohazardous/biomedical waste
Q: How fast can you respond?
A: We are available 24 hours a day every day including holidays and can usually have a Biohazard Response Team on scene within 1 to 2 hours depending on where the incident has occurred.
Q: Who pays for bio-recovery services?
A: In most cases your homeowners, business or auto insurance will pay for this service. Tenants may be responsible, but the responsibility ultimately falls to the property owner. We bill insurance companies direct or we can provide assistance in filing any claims for you. If a victim of a crime has no insurance then Victim Services may be in a position to authorize and help pay for our services. We also offer payment plans and accept most major credit cards. We will find a solution for you!
Q: How much does it cost?
A: This is usually one of the first questions we are asked. Unfortunately it is very difficult to give an accurate estimate over the phone. We need to come out for a FREE onsite analysis. Every incident scene differs, so until we know what is involved, we don’t know the costs. Estimates are affected by the number of technicians needed, to their time needed to complete the cleanup, to the amount of bio-medical waste. We will beat any companies written estimate. Save money, call Biohazard Response, Inc, now at (407) 862-5552.
Q: Can I have an employee of my business clean the scene?
A: OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen Standards; 29CFR1910.1030, states that employees must be provided with information and training prior to dealing with blood or other potentially infectious material (OPIM), including:
- The Bloodborne Pathogen Standard
- Epidemiology, symptoms and transmission of bloodborne diseases
- Your facility’s exposure control plan (most business are required to have one)
- PPE (personal protective equipment) provided at no cost by the business
- Information on the Hepatitis B vaccine and information on how to receive it (provided at no cost by the business)
- Provide a method to safely remove and/or store biohazardous waste
Only if your business complies with these actions and 29CFR1910.1030, can you allow an employee to cleanup a trauma scene.
Q: Can’t I just let my regular cleaning or janitorial service clean up biohazardous waste?
A: Only if you know that they comply with OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen Standard, 29CFR1910.1030 (see above). You are ultimately responsible for whom you choose to clean up a biohazardous situation.
Q: What questions should be asked to help in selecting a Bio-Recovery Company?
A: Ask for proof of the following:
- Length of experience
- Occupational License
- Proof of Insurance (Liability, Auto and Workers-Comp)
- Can they provide references?
- Can they provide a contract for biomedical waste disposal and documents proving destruction of generated waste?
- Will they work with the property owner’s insurance and can they handle all the insurance paperwork?
- Can they assist with or provide crisis counselors
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Call For A Free Estimate (407) 277-0006
- Most Costs Covered by Your Insurance Policy
- Cleanups Starting at Just $299.00
- No Down Payments Required
- Rebates May Apply
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- Fully Licensed and Insured
- Certified Bio-Technicians
- Central Florida's Premier Biohazard Scene Clean-up Company
- Over 25 Years Bio-Recovery Experience
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen; 29CFR1910.1030, Compliant
- OSHA Qualified Trainer in 29CFR1910.1030
- Certified in Trauma Scene Management
- Licensed Medical Waste Transporter
- Member of ABRA